Based on my expiriances this Rules are the "Best Practis" to develop a Product.
- Investigate and study the work environment and use case.
Talk with the customer about the features and define "Must Haves" and "Nice To Haves".
- The product is more as a solution of a problem. For the customer it includes emotions.
Retaining the features as easy as possible.
- Study and think first before you modeling the first idea in a 3D CAD system.
Use for the supporting functions when possible standard parts. This increases the safety of the product.
- Meet with the customer to fix planned design reviews.
- Build a prototype and test it in the work environment.
Use suppliers with whom you already have good experience gained.
- Ask sometimes the customer about his experiance with the product and supprt him.